Self organised stays

  • Students who want to study at the University of Vienna outside a mobility programme (also known as "Free Movers") must apply for admission at the University of Vienna as regular students.
    -> Further information about admission
  • If you plan to spend a semester (not within a mobility programme) at the University of Vienna, you can apply for admission as a "Visiting Master" student"
    -> Further information
  • PhD students will find information on doctoral programmes on the homepage of the Center for Doctoral Studies, such as the programme "Visting PhD".
  • Students looking for a supervisor at the University in connection with their research project are requested to contact the scientific staff of the individual departments directly.
  • For information concerning funding, see