Self-organised stays abroad

The International Office only provides advice and support to students applying for stays abroad as part of a mobility programme (for example ERASMUS+, Non-EU Student Exchange, etc.). Students who organise stays at foreign universities for themselves are responsible for their own arrangements. Please note that there is no "Free Mover" programme (except CEEPUS).

If you organise your stay at your host university yourself, you must obtain information about application deadlines and application documents directly from the university in question. For general information on studies in the desired host country, please apply to the university itself or contact the embassy of your host country (for the contact data of the diplomatic representation of your proposed host country in Austria, see

For questions concerning the transfer of the credits acquired abroad, please contact your Study Programme Director BEFORE starting your stay abroad.

If you are a recipient of a study grant (Studienbeihilfe), you are also entitled to apply for a study grant abroad.