Logo der Universität Wien

ERASMUS Internships at the University of Vienna

Students who are interested in an internship at the University of Vienna have to send their application to the respective departments directly in order to find out whether they can offer an internship. A list of all faculties and their departments can be found here.

The International Office does not arrange internship placements at the University of Vienna. Please neither send applications nor CVs to the International Office.

Students who have been accepted for an ERASMUS internship by a specific department of the University of Vienna can find general information below and in our information leaflet.

Employees of the University of Vienna who are contacted by prospective ERASMUS+ interns can find information on the ERASMUS+ internship programme here (in German).

Internship positions at the University of Vienna

Please do also contact the various departments of the University of Vienna as we  only publish internship offers that had been sent to us directly.

Kinder- und Jugendliteratur im Sprachenunterricht

Für die Reihe Kinder- und Jugendliteratur im Sprachenunterricht werden Erasmus-PraktikantInnen gesucht.


  • ausgezeichnete Deutschkenntnisse
  • sehr gute Englischkenntnisse
  • ein kulturwissenschaftliches  bzw. bildungswissenschaftliches MA oder PhD-Studium (z.B. Germanistik, Anglistik, Romanistik, Slawistik, Vergleichende Literaturwissenschaft, Lehr- und Lernforschung, ,...)

Wenn Sie diese Voraussetzungen erfüllen und Interesse an der ausgeschriebenen Stelle haben, finden Sie die Ausschreibung hier.

Forschungsplattform Elfriede Jelinek

Die Forschungsplattform Elfriede Jelinek der Universität Wien sucht nach Praktikanten.


  • ausgezeichnete Deutschkenntnisse
  • kulturwissenschaftliches Studium (Germanistik, Vergleichende Literaturwissenschaft, Theater-, Film- und Medienwissenschaft o.ä.)

Sollten Sie diese Voraussetzungen erfüllen und Interesse an der ausgeschriebenen Position haben, finden Sie die Stellenausschreibung hier.

General information on internships at the University of Vienna

The Human Ressources Department will draw up an internship contract. Should you have any questions regarding your contract, please contact Human Ressources directly:  

DLE Personalwesen und Frauenförderung
Universitätsring 1, 1010 Wien
Email: personaladministration@univie.ac.at
Web: http://personalwesen.univie.ac.at/

As the different departments have different contact persons in HR, please ask at your department who their contact person is. Please note that you are not registered as a student at the University of Vienna, but as an employee. In case you want to take courses here, you will have to apply as a regular (non ERASMUS) student. Information regarding the admission is provided by StudentPoint:

Student Point Infocenter
Hauptgebäude Universität Wien, Tiefparterre, Hof IV, Stiege 6
Universitätsring 1, 1010 Wien
E-Mail: english.studentpoint@univie.ac.at
Web: http://studentpoint.univie.ac.at/en/home/

Required Documents

In order to draw up your internship contract please send the following documents to the Human Ressources Department three to four weeks before you start your internship:

  • Personal Record Card PA/PV (signed by yourself and your supervisor at the University of Vienna)
  • Completed Learning Agreement for Traineeships (signed by yourself, your home university and the department at the University of Vienna responsible for your internship)
  • Copy of your passport
  • Copy of your European Health Insurance Card or confirmation that you have health insurance during your stay in Vienna)
  • Confirmation of accident and liability insurance (often provided by the home university, a seperate confirmation is required even then).
  • Confirmation of the registration of your residence (Meldezettel) (as soon as you know)

Furhter information on the contract is provided by the Human Ressources Department.


The University of Vienna will not provide insurance for incoming interns. Therefore you will have to prove that you have sufficient health, accident and liability insurance while you are here as an intern. EU citizens usually are covered by their European Health Insurance Card (for details see below) and their home universities often provide liability and accident insurance. Please check back with your home university if this is the case. You will have to provide a confirmation of your insurance in order to receive your internship contract. 


As an employee of the University HR can set up a u:account for you which grants access to all kinds of services such as free WIFI or print services (further information is provided here). You can request the u:account when you send your required documents to HR. You are also eligible to use the university’s library free of charge.

Information on the library and other facilities is provided here.





The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.

Are you interested in an internship at the University of Vienna? Read the information on the left first!


General e-mail address for ERASMUS internships:

Fax: +43 1-4277-18229

Opening hours

Mag. Laura Gandlgruber, BA
ERASMUS Incoming, internships
Tel.: +43 1-4277-18219

University of Vienna | Universitätsring 1 | 1010 Vienna | T +43-1-4277-0