Welcome to the information website for ERASMUS Incoming students!
Students who have been nominated for an ERASMUS stay at the University of Vienna from one of our approx. 350 ERASMUS partner universities find important information regarding the following topics:
- Contact persons for general administration and subject specific questions
- Language requirements
- Registration and admission
- Course choice and learning agreement
- Entry into Austria, visa and insurance
- Arrival in Vienna and orientation
- Around the University
- Living in Vienna
- End of your stay and transcript of records
Information regarding other topics (e.g. "can I extend my stay at the University of Vienna") is presented in our FAQ area.
Please note that this information refers to the academic year 2016/17.
If you are studying at the University of Vienna within the academic year 2015/16, please do not hesitate to contact us in case of any emerging queries.
Students with mental health issues or physical impairments can find detailled information here.
The International Office helps students with the general and administrative issues regarding their Erasmus stay in Vienna.
The International Office:
- receives the nomination from the partner university
- sends out information e-mails incl. the "Letter of Acceptance"
- provides information on f.i. the following topics:
- German courses
- IT-services at the University of Vienna (u:account, U:SPACE)
- living in Vienna (e.g. public transport)
- is the contact for questions regarding e.g.:
- admission / student ID card
- confirmations of attendance (without subject specific details)
»subject specific questions«
For subject specific questions please contact one of our approx. 150 departmental coordinators, who are in charge of academic support of exchange students.
- provide information regarding e.g.:
- courses/ course registration
- Learning Agreement
- courses taught in English
- sign confirmations of attendance which contain subject specific details (e.g. the teaching language, the last exam date)
The deadline for the payment of the fee for the Austrian Students Union (€ 18,70) for all incoming exchange students, who are studying at the University of Vienna in the summer semester 2016, is April 30th, 2016.[more]
General e-mail address for ERASMUS Incomings: